[mythtv-users] [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Dec 3 21:55:00 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 11:50 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> I'd worked what git commands to use for myself but I'd be interested in
> how you knew the branch was called "fixes/0.24" - nothing I found
> documented on the mythtv or github site actually says that.

By default, git-branch only returns local branches.  If you add the -a
option it will list local and remote branch names.  The data for all of
them is in your repo, so the checkout of the remote branch should happen
almost instantaneously.

I'd recommend that if a git command isn't doing what you expect/hope
that you read its help page.  Git is one of the best-documented tools
I've used in a long time.

-Chris