[mythtv-users] Flash, VDPAU, MythNetVision and You

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Dec 4 03:27:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> Xv support gets you what? Colorspace conversion?

I'm certainly no expert, but I believe scaling is done in hardware with xv.

I've seen lots of cases where Flash plays just fine in a window, but
if you try to maximize it to full screen, the frame rate drops to
about one per week or something like that.  With hardware scaling,
that problem goes away.

I don't have anything against Nvidia, but I don't like being locked in
to a single vendor and would prefer to see open source drivers.

Eric