[mythtv-users] split-second freezing on HD channels

rawgarlic at gmail.com rawgarlic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 08:08:00 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

There are standard PCI cards that support VDPAU, but
I've not seen any low profile ones (not to say there
aren't any, just that I have not run across them).

Do you have a mini PCIExpress slot?
----------
No, unfortunately.
I looked closely at the mini-ITX board a few times.
It is just a PCI slot.
----------

Many small boards have them to use for WiFi radios.
This would allow you to use a Broadcom CrystalHD
module, not as well supported as VDPAU, but such
support is coming.
Actually, I can even take the regular bracket off
some PCI cards. That way if the card is not full
height it could still fit in the case. (In the past,
I have done that with a network card.)
Are there any such myth-supported PCI video cards
that I could use?