[mythtv-users] mythweb not working

aaron at boim.com aaron at boim.com
Sat Dec 4 15:38:34 UTC 2010

Quoting Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>:

> Hi!
>
> On 12/4/2010 10:01 AM, aaron at boim.com wrote:
>> $_SERVER['db_server'],$_SERVER['db_name'],$_SERVER['db_login']...
>>
>> are not set.
>>
>> What might have gone wrong?
>> Where might I look in the config or database to see why
>> these never got set up?
>
> Have you put mythweb.conf in the appropriate directory for your
> Linux distribution?

Getting closer.
Debian set up a symbolic link for mythweb...  It may not have read the
directory settings.

I set up an Alias for mythweb, and stuff is getting defined.

I think this is a common problem, and deserves some mention in the archives.

   ***  If you install/update/upgrade mythweb, and start seeing an
        index instead of running mythweb.php, make sure your WWW server
        is getting the correct <Directory ...> settings, and not
        just loading mythweb using the main Directory settings.

Current problem:  somebody said to try dropping the mythweb_sessions
       table.  Now I need to re-build it.  Where can I find the schema
       to re-create it without clobbering the rest of my database?
       (re-install would be a bad idea for me)

             thanks again,

                      new aaron