[mythtv-users] HD-PVR failure

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 4 16:12:04 UTC 2010

On Saturday, December 04, 2010 08:58:18 am James Orr wrote:

> Happened again last night, that's now 3 times in one week with
> nothing in the preceding 6 months?  Could it be a temperature thing?
>  It's a lot colder now and that's the only thing that's different.

Is your HD-PVR located in unconditioned space? Is your indoor
temperature really different now?

Usually cooler temps are good for electronics, and it's a *change* in
temperature that can cause problems with chips migrating out of sockets,
PC boards cracking and things like that.

I'd be surprised if your problem is temperature related, unless the unit
itself is exposed to extreme or repeated wide temperature swings.