[mythtv-users] Getting extra number outputted with Hauppauge Nova-T 500 silver remote

Paul dazzle at edazzle.net
Sat Dec 4 16:59:32 UTC 2010

I am using MythTV 0.24 [27417] with Ubuntu 10.10 (all updates installed to
date) and every time I use my Nova-T 500 remote it outputs a '6' with every
key press as well as the correct keycode.

This is very noticeable on the setup text box fields, so every time I press
Up,Down,Left or Right (or any other key) it replaces the current text with a
6.

I am using the default lircd.conf for the Nova-T 500 remote that comes with
lircd and an .lircrc copied from MythTV wiki.

Xorg automatically picks up the IR Receiver as a keyboard device as well.

Any ideas and or help appreciated,

Paul