[mythtv-users] Audio with 0.24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 21:19:07 UTC 2010

Hi

On 5 December 2010 01:09, Kevin Ruml <k_ruml at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That was the one struggle I always had - getting Mythmusic to output my 44100 rips over the spdif properly.  The only thing that ever worked for me was the .asoundrc:
>
> pcm.!default {
>  type plug
>  slave {
>  pcm "spdif"
>  rate 48000
>  format S16_LE
>  }
>  }
>
> and having the main audio set to "ALSA:default" and setting the spdif for pass-through for AC3/DTS.

I can't see what difference it would have made from 0.23 onward (yes,
it would have helped with 0.22 and earlier).
Your card only reports 48kHz, so myth will always use that rate.

In the advanced audio settings, there is a force 48kHz option for
cards like yours. But usually this is for cards that reports more than
just 48kHz but crashes with any other rates.

Checking that box would have the same effect as your custom spdif audio.

if "spdif" worked for you, you can try entering ALSA:spdif for the
output device and see how it goes