[mythtv-users] Bluray player to play mythtv recordings and videos

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 22:00:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, December 04, 2010 11:03:51 am belcampo wrote:
> > Has anybody any experience with using such a player as
> > frontend-player ?
>
> I'm not aware of any way to play a BR disk directly under Linux. You can
> use Makemkv to stream it to something like VLC, or rip the disk to a file
> and play that. If it can be played directly I'm not aware of how.

Sure you can, run

mythavtest bd://media/cdrom/

Of course, this has some fun requirements that need to be in place first,
outlined at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Definition_Disk_Formats#Watching_With_the_Internal_Player_.28recommended.29

And I haven't gotten it to work for me yet, although I'm close.