[mythtv-users] Graphite and Arclight Themes

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Dec 6 00:47:53 UTC 2010

* On Sun Dec 05, 2010 at 05:45:24PM +0000, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
> >
> >I also have tested code to just store the theme on the backend once and
> >have it used on-demand over the myth protocol so each frontend doesn't
> >store a copy, but that code is much slower than having the theme
> >locally accessible, so I threw that code and idea out. :)
> >
> Um, how will this fit in with schemes such as minimyth, where nothing is
> actually stored on the front-end but held either on the backend or some
> other network server?

Not sure what you mean by how will this fit in?  I said I abandoned that
idea because it was too slow.

If you mean how does the normal theme downloader fit in, the downloaded
themes are installed (on *nix) under ~/.mythtv/themes/ so as long as
minimyth supports the ~/.mythtv config/cache directory then things should
work OK.

> Would it, for example, be possible just to reference the master backend's
> copy and retrieve it that way?

I'm not sure, I've never used minimyth so I know no idea how it downloads
a theme or where it installs it, etc..  I'm willing to try to work out
something though, which could involve caching the theme package on the
master backend outside the QNetworkDiskCache's cache which is the only
place it is cached currently.

--
Chris