[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 10.10 Lirc Issue

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 6 01:55:34 UTC 2010

On Dec 5, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> There was a buffer parsing buglet in the mceusb driver at some point in
> time, which has long since been fixed, but its quite possible that it
> was present in the ubuntu 10.10 kernel and upstream 2.6.36. You can try
> building a newer mceusb from the v4l/dvb repo (I wouldn't even suggest
> using 2.6.37-rcX's version right now, I need to get some patches over to
> Mauro to send to Linus for rc5 to fix a bug there as well).
>
> For those curious why there's some instability in the mceusb driver...
> Well, the buffer parsing routines were completely rewritten to use a
> state machine, rather than the prior fugly loop it had, and an edge case
> or two weren't caught initially. These changes were needed to properly
> support a new hybrid device from Conexant, which is a combined tuner/ir
> device, the ir portion of which is now handled by the mceusb driver.
> ---
>
> Im confused...so is there a fix?  Do i just need to wait it out?

Go here:

http://git.linuxtv.org/media_build.git/

Clone the repo, then ./build.sh should handle just about everything
automagically for building, then install the result. There's some
additional documentation in the tree as well.

For Fedora users, just grab the latest F14 kernel out of koji.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com