[mythtv-users] Need help with HD-PVR

P.J. Trudell pjtrudell at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 19:14:42 UTC 2010

Thanks,  I think I found a link to this at http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1590146.  One question though.  Do I need to remove the current vl4 driver installed by ubuntu before compiling the new driver (with the files changed) or will compiling the driver remove the old one for me.

According to the above thread I need to modify 2 files ./v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/hdpvr/hdpvr.h and ./v4l-dvb/linux/drivers/media/video/hdpvr/hdpvr-core.c  does that make sense?
P.J.

> 1=S-Video / 2=Composite (uint)
> parm:           default_audio_input:default audio input: 0=RCA back / 1=RCA
> front / 2=S/PDIF (uint)
> parm:           boost_audio:boost the audio signal (bool)
>
> lsusb |grep Hauppauge returns
> Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2040:4903 Hauppauge

Looks like you have a model newer than the kernel module has support for
(4900->4902,4982) - In fact, it is still not in 2.6.36.  You may ping the
v4l mailing list to see if someone has added it.  It is probably as simple
as adding it to the code; though I am not sure..  It may already be there in
someone's git repo..

/* Define these values to match your devices */
#define HD_PVR_VENDOR_ID        0x2040
#define HD_PVR_PRODUCT_ID       0x4900
#define HD_PVR_PRODUCT_ID1      0x4901
#define HD_PVR_PRODUCT_ID2      0x4902