[mythtv-users] Select audio output from remote key

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 01:18:49 UTC 2010

On 7 December 2010 12:12, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I have configured MythTV 0.24 with a remote, and it works great.
>
> Now, I want to try to configure the audio select with a remote key. I
> actually has configured the audio from HDMI to the TV. But sometimes I
> want to select the digital optical output to listen on the audio
> amplifier.
>
> Is possible to select it with a remote key?

Unfortunately no. You can't switch audio devices on the fly, it would
require that you exit playback and start it again

You can now switch between digital audio and analog/pcm using two
different device

And myth doesn't support outputting to two devices at the same time
(like hdmi + spdif) ; I have thought about doing something toward this
; but properly handling A/V Sync becomes tricky