[mythtv-users] PVR 500 audio problem w/cable box

jason at wkrp.com jason at wkrp.com
Tue Dec 7 15:00:34 UTC 2010

Sadly my cable company (Insight) switched to requiring digital boxes
everywhere so I had to switch my 2 PVR500s to using just one tuner on
each card with a command IR to change the channels.
One tuner card
works perfect (I use /dev/video1).
The other I get static on the audio
and the volume is really low - that's on /dev/video3.
I could switch
to using the video0 and video2 - I managed to just set it up like
that...
When I do a "cat /dev/video0-3 across all the tuners I do not
hear the static when playing the video.
Before this switch all 4 tuners
across both cards worked just fine with no problems. It's a cheap mini
cable box, I think made by UEA?.
Any thoughts? Thank you
Jason