[mythtv-users] Blank white screen in .24

Shocky Shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 7 20:03:23 UTC 2010

On December 7, 2010 11:46:02 am Michael T. Dean wrote:
>   On 12/06/2010 11:22 PM, Shocky wrote:
> > When I try to watch live tv or record all I get is a white screen.
> > Actually, on live tv I get the OSD appearing with the correct channel
> > info, and a dark blue background. When the OSD disappears, the blue
> > background stays for a couple of seconds, then it all turns white.
> > Recordings are just all white from the start.
>
> First step:  set your Playback Profile group to Slim in mythfrontend
> settings, Utilities/Setup|Setup|TV Settings|Playback, 3rd screen.
>
> If that doesn't work, then I'd guess your video drivers are having
> problems scaling the video (for example, as it might if you're using a
> display size that's smaller than the video size--i.e. using ATSC
> high-definition video on an 800x600 display).
>
> Mike

Thanks for the reply, Mike. But I've already tried the Slim setting (because
it fixed a problem on a different machine, and because this is a very
underpowered processor). And this is 480x480 NTSC capture displayed on a
1680x1050 monitor, so I don't think the video size is the problem. Any other
ideas?

Shocky