[mythtv-users] Audio dropouts after upgrade to 0.24

Enigma enigma at thedonnerparty.com
Tue Dec 7 21:21:59 UTC 2010

 On 7 December 2010 javenyard [at] gmail wrote:

On 7 December 2010 17:09, Enigma <enigma [at] thedonnerparty> wrote:

> > 2010-12-06 21:30:32.791 Player(0): Waiting for video buffers...
> > 2010-12-06 21:30:32.791 AO: Pause 1
> > 2010-12-06 21:30:32.796 AO: OutputAudioLoop: audio paused
> > 2010-12-06 21:30:32.814 AO: Pause 0
> > 2010-12-06 21:30:32.861 AO: OutputAudioLoop: Play Event
>
> This is the culprit:
> Player(0): Waiting for video buffers...
>
> so the player pause the audio, before resuming...
>
> Try to increase the size of the VDPAU buffer, and if that's not enough
>
> If you could post a short sample somewhere, and raise a ticket on trac
> to see if it's a similar issue to what have been earler reported with
> some VDPAU playback.

I have set vdpaubuffersize to various values from 2-50 with no apparent
change.  I also enabled vdpauskipchroma and disabled deinterlacing.  The
TripleBuffer option is set to true in xorg.conf (and of course I have
compositing disabled).  Nothing seems to change the issue.

This is a little frustrating because this machine worked fine under 0.23.
Were there major VDPAU changes for 0.24?  I am using the same Nvidia drivers
and the same kernel as previously, the only thing that has changed is my
MythTV version and its dependencies.  I would have just stayed at 0.23 but
the backend would deadlock fairly frequently (changeset 26827).  Are there
any other options I can try to address this issue?  This does not seem to be
too widespread, I have only seen one other post to the list that seems to be
the same issue.  What are the chances of this issue being addressed?  Is
this a regression in 0.24 or was I just getting lucky that it worked
before?  This machine is not powerful enough to decode h264 in software - is
this likely to be another example of hardware that is no longer supported by
Myth?