[mythtv-users] 0.24 and video metadata, again

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Wed Dec 8 06:11:58 UTC 2010

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>> Movies:
>> [mythtv at vader: ~]$ python /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -M
>> "Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace"
>> 1893:Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
>
> This is .23-era output.  You have old bindings/scripts installed, not
> .24 ones.  Once you have the actual .24 metadata scripts and bindings
> installed, you should see XML output, and everything should work fine.
>
> Robert

Robert, thank you; I assumed that might be the case.  However, I've tried
looking for old cruft, and re-installing several packages:

mythtv-common
mythtv-backend
mythtv-frontend
libmyth
libmyth-python
mythvideo
mythnetvision

No difference.  I still get the same output from tmdb.py and the "missing
module" error with ttvdb.py (tvdbXslt), even though it does exist.

I'm running the latest version of Python available for Ubuntu 10.04.

I'm using Jean-Yves' binaries.  JYA, any clue as to what I'm missing here?

While learning Python is definitely on my "to-do" list, my kids and my day
job don't leave me the time for it now....!

Thanks!
Bob