[mythtv-users] Persistent link to newest version of a file on github?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 13:54:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at computer.org>wrote:

> Hi.
>
> While heavily perusing the wiki this morning I came across a number of
> links into the svn repository that are now broken due to the migration to
> github.
>
> I managed to find the files I needed by browsing the github repository, but
> would also like to fix the wiki. The problem is however that the links on
> github I used to get to the files I need appear to be links to the specific
> version of those files that currently happens to be the newest version.
>
> I've been looking around on help.github.com, but can't find the answer to
> the following question: how do I come up with a persistent link into the
> mythtv github repository that will always yield the newest released version
> of a file?

I'm no git expert, but If you look at this page:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp

<https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp>There
is a link labelled "raw" that links to:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/raw/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp

Wouldn't that be the file itself and the most recent version?

Kevin