[mythtv-users] SOLVED - Issues with playback - 0.24-fixes - vdpau

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 21:49:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 7 December 2010 16:16, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have seen skips/snags/micro-freezes whatever you want to call them
>> (a lot like those described frequently with 0.24), so tonight I have
>> been watching with a detailed log rolling beside me.
>>
>> When it happened I noticed something interesting (although I do not
>> know what it means):
>
> Are you using the audio upmixer ?
>
> If so try to turn it off and see if that helps.

No, unfortunately it was a stupid mistake on my part.  I had a typo in
the script for my mythtvEvents for playback, and it was not throttling
up the cpu.  I found and fixed it.  Now I'm all happy again!

If I can figure out how to create a wiki page I will post my setup
with cgroups and mythtv event handling for others who have machines
like this.  As much horsepower as it may have, I found it only takes a
small hiccup to throw a video off  :)

Thanks

-Greg