[mythtv-users] "no recordings available, or screen loading"

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:51:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Brian Gregorcy <bgregorcy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I upgraded my mythbuntu installation tonight to .24.0+fixes.20101209 and now
> when I navigate to "Watch Recording" I get a blank screen with the message
> "no recordings available, or screen loading"

Did you "upgrade" or re-install?  If you upgraded, we'll need logs
from mythbackend and mythfrontend.

> I let it run for a half-hour thinking it was rebuilding a cache or something
> but nothing has come back.  I checked and the files are still on the system
> under /var/lib/mythtv/recordings, I even tried rebooting and setting the
> permissions to 777.
> Any ideas on how to get them back?

If you re-installed without backing up your database so you could
restore it, you will have to run myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to put the
info back in.  It will prompt you per recording, or if you have old
guide data, it can use it.