[mythtv-users] 3 audio devices on same time

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:30:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 December 2010 13:30, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I must configure it on the frontend or on the .asoundrc file?
>
> in .asoundrc

Jean-Yves,

Are there any plans to add this functionality directly into MythTV?

The new auto-detect system for audio outputs in mythfrontend is great.
 It would be outstanding if each detected output could be configured
independently in mythfrontend.  I can see where multiple outputs would
be desired (like the original poster).  Even better would be some
outputs configured for passthrough surround and some down sampled to
stereo, etc.  That way you don't always have to power up the surround
receiver to watch a TV.

I am under no illusions that this would be a trivial task.  And there
are certainly already ways to achieve similar results to what I'm
suggesting (custom .asoundrc files etc).  I'm just wondering if it is
on the radar for MythTV 0.26++ or not.

-Ryan