[mythtv-users] "no recordings available, or screen loading"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 10 20:36:16 UTC 2010

  On 12/10/2010 01:32 PM, Brian Gregorcy wrote:
>  So the order for me in the last week was:
>
> Backup .23 database & files --> Install new hard drive --> install .24
> --> patch with the mythbuntu autobuilds PPA --> restore database &
> files --> everything works :)  --> Patch last night to
> .24.0+fixes.20101209 and now recording won't show up.
>

> I am at work but I will give the myth.rebuilddatabase.pl
> <http://myth.rebuilddatabase.pl> a shot when I get home

You don't want myth.rebuilddatabase.pl.  If anything, you want
optimize_mythdb.pl.

However, I have a feeling the problem is in your mythtv-setup Storage
Directories configuration and/or file system permissions.  Remember that
the user running mythbackend will need read and execute on every
directory in the path leading to the actual recordings directories and
read, write, and execute on the actual recordings directories.

You definitely want to post some backend logs /before/ trying something
like myth.rebuilddatabase.pl--which doesn't work and puts invalid data
in the database.

Mike