[mythtv-users] Another lirc issue

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 10 23:00:53 UTC 2010

On Dec 10, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> When I do the ./build.sh I get all kinds of errors.
>
> If i run as my users I get Operation Not Permitted errors.  If run with sudo i get Cannot change ownership to uid 1006, gid 100: Operation not permitted
>
> I have linux-headers installed on my mthubuntu install.
>
> What am I missing?

As Geoff noted, Fedora has two different bits, kernel-headers and
kernel-devel. The latter is the one required to build out-of-tree
kernel modules like this. I presume there's a corresponding piece
for *buntu, but I don't know what its called. I dunno what the
heck those ownership errors are about though, or if installing a
kernel-devel equivalent would make them go away.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com