[mythtv-users] 0.24: IPTV LiveTV failing to start

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 21:02:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Per Lundberg <perlun at gmail.com> wrote:

>> The errors you are getting because the file hasn't been created yet. This is
>> probably due to there being a problem tuning it. If your interface has
>> cycled recently (gone down and up again), it may be that your backend needs
>> to be restarted to notice it's back up.
> I did stop the backend, and started it again (with verbose debugging
> turned on), so this did not help I'm afraid.

FWIW, I managed to get it working to a certain point, after restarting
my ADSL modem. (the MythTV backend is behind the NAT of the modem,
which is therefore a combined modem/router if you like) However, after
watching for some hour, then watching with VLC, then trying to switch
channel in MythTV... it's gone back to its stale state again. :-(

I guess I could try restarting the modem again, but it's not my
favorite occupation in life. :-)
The strange thing is that it works with VLC, so... there *must* be
something wrong with the MythTV implementation, right? ;-)
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg