[mythtv-users] "Middle" Posting?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 21:23:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> We all know that top posting is not appreciated on this list.
>
> But how about "Middle Posting", where replies and comments are inserted
> after the particular portion being responded to?
>
> It's easy to read with a mailer that highlights the newest material with
> a different color, but can sometimes be hard to read if only a ">" is
> used before older stuff being replied to.
>
> I'm seeing this a lot here, and sometimes do it myself, but I've
> wondered if it violates the rules, but I've not seen any complaints yet.

My view is that middle posting is bottom posting for specific portions
of the original email.

I agree that sometimes it's a little hard to know for sure what's what
if the tools didn't use consistent marking of some types but I
personally think it's better than putting everything at the bottom
when answering 10 different points. It makes it clear exactly what
we're speaking to.

Just my opinion,
Mark