[mythtv-users] Mythvideo takes long time to scan

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 12 13:45:54 UTC 2010

On 12/12/2010 07:24, The GUIGuy wrote:
> Now everytime I access mythvideo ("Media Library" > "Watch Videos")
> from the frontend I am looking at a thirty to forty minute delay
> whilst it does a scan. The delay is on the NAS box (about five to
> seven minutes) and the rest is taken up by "updating" the database.

The only previous issues like this I've heard before have been people
using CIFS to share a very large media collection, and running MythVideo
in browse mode.  In browse mode, MythVideo has to scan your entire tree
from scratch each time, as opposed to the couple seconds normally needed
to build from the database.  Additionally, the only time the database is
updated is when you run 'Scan for Videos'.  Not when you simply enter
'Watch Videos'.