[mythtv-users] probelem with imon + kernel 2.6.35 (ubuntu maverick) + arrow keys

Seth Daniel mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org
Sun Dec 12 20:37:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

I upgraded to Ubuntu Maverick from Lucid.  Everything went fine except
that my remote stopped working.  I eventually discovered that lirc had
been moved into the kernel, module names had changed, and, to use my
iMON remote I now needed to use the devinput lirc driver.  So after
reconfiguring lirc and using the new event names in my .lircrc my remote
works.  But I have a secondary problem: the arrow keys always emit 5
events.  e.g. I press the down button I get 5 KEY_DOWN events (confirmed
using irw).

My first thought was that I could configure the new imon module to deal
with this.  modinfo shows a number of options for the imon module.  I
don't have any real idea what all the options actually do, but I tried
many different combinations.  One thing was consistent: I had to have
pad_stabilize=0 or I received no arrow events at all.  I tried with
nomouse=0 and 1 and I tried various pad_thresh settings (from 1 to 1000)
with no change in behavior.

My second thought was that I could deal with this issue in my lircrc
file.  I played with the repeat and delay options (again with numbers
from 0 to 1000), but nothing I tried seemed to work.  Frankly I'm not
certain I understand exactly what repeat and delay do.  I read the doc
on the lirc website and I felt less sure of what they did from when I
started.

I believe the old pad2keys patch for imon used to 'fix' this problem.
I'm probably remembering incorrectly.  There have been several patches
over the years that I've applied to the lirc source and I don't remember
the reasons for the patches anymore.  This is the first ubuntu release
where I have been able to get my remote working without patching and
using dkms to build a new lirc imon module...with the exception of this
arrow key repeat issue.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org