[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Mon Dec 13 15:46:40 UTC 2010

On 13/12/10 10:34, John Pilkington wrote:
> "Here's one I made earlier:"
>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/435907#435907
>
> and I don't have a recording that's affected just now, but it just might
> be worth trying an appropriately modified version of:
>
> mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --showprogress --chanid 1002
> --starttime 20101212205600
>
> John P

Thanks for the link, John. That certainly sounds like the same issue. I
guess something changed in the DVB code between 0.22 and 0.23, as I
never saw this problem in 0.22 or earlier versions.

Unfortunately mythtranscode didn't seem to fix my recordings. I tried
both with and without --allkeys (using
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable#Using_mythtranscode
as a reference). I used --infile rather than --chanid and --starttime
but I don't think that should have made a difference.

After doing mythtranscode, I notice that if I try to play back the
recordings and press I, rather than having a timecode that looked pretty
much correct as I previously did (even though the screen was blank and
audio not present), it now seems to show a length of just one second, so
if anything, things seem to be a bit worse after trying that.

I also tried mythcommflag --file <filepath> --rebuild, by the way, but
that didn't help either.

nuvexport fails when trying to transcode the affected recordings to XviD
(other recordings are OK with nuvexport), and trying to run a lossless
transcode from the frontend also fails. Even if I could transcode, I
don't really want to, as I would lose the DVB-T subtitles (captions),
which I do use sometimes.

I've looked in active bugs in http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ but couldn't
see one that matched this, although I only looked at the summary line.
Does anyone know if there is a bug about this already? If not, I'll
raise one. Are there any mythtv devs reading this thread who might know
more about this?

Cheers,

John

--