[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Dec 13 15:53:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:

I am looking for a new remote for a new mythfrontend.  The remote must have

very high wife acceptance.  I currently have a MCE and gyration remote, and
they

work, but they each have there issues.

I use Logitech Harmony.  It simplifies the entire process.  The only
downside is the cost.  Even the cheapest unit is pricey.  If you've never
looked at the Harmony before, it creates "activities" like watching tv,
playing a dvd, listening to music, etc.  that you setup.  The setup does
require a Mac or PC.  I use VirtualBox running XP to do the setup.

As long as your lirc is setup and working correctly, you should be able to
replace your existing remotes with a Harmony.

Clifford