[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Dec 13 16:22:54 UTC 2010

On 13/12/10 15:46, John Veness wrote:
> On 13/12/10 10:34, John Pilkington wrote:
>> "Here's one I made earlier:"
>>
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/435907#435907
>>
>> and I don't have a recording that's affected just now, but it just might
>> be worth trying an appropriately modified version of:
>>
>> mythtranscode --mpeg2 --buildindex --showprogress --chanid 1002
>> --starttime 20101212205600
>>
>> John P
>
> Thanks for the link, John. That certainly sounds like the same issue. I
> guess something changed in the DVB code between 0.22 and 0.23, as I
> never saw this problem in 0.22 or earlier versions.
>
> Unfortunately mythtranscode didn't seem to fix my recordings. I tried
> both with and without --allkeys (using
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable#Using_mythtranscode
> as a reference). I used --infile rather than --chanid and --starttime
> but I don't think that should have made a difference.

I just suggested that as a simple and probably harmless thing to try,
not through any real understanding of what might be happening; my script
has used it thousands of times. But ISTR there _is_ a difference between
the chanid, starttime call  and the infile one.   Maybe it's just the
paths they use. chanid starttime _does_ rebuild the seektable - at least
for recordings not suffering from some unknown problem!
1009_20101212215800.mpg  translates to 1009  20101212215800 :-)

Cheers