[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:45:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a new remote for a new mythfrontend.  The remote must have
> very high wife acceptance.  I currently have a MCE and gyration remote, and
> they
> work, but they each have there issues.

I've been very happy with the URC-R50.  Solid feel, nice set of buttons,
programmable macros, wife likes it, can be had for ~$85.

Review here: http://www.remotecentral.com/reviews/urc_r50/index.html

My biggest complaint (and it's a small one because it doesn't happen too
often) is that it's possible to hit the up or down switch on the central
circular toggle, when you meant to hit left or right.

-Jerry