[mythtv-users] zfs-fuse anyone?

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Dec 13 20:36:03 UTC 2010

Am 2010-12-13 21:11, schrieb John Drescher:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger
>> The/my question: did my hdds suffer?
>
> They could. I would run a four pass badblocks on them. That is after
> they warm up (assuming its cold there like it is here).

Yep, cold here .... I will test them, thanks for the reminder!

> If these are Samsung F4s make sure you update the firmware.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki/SamsungF4EGBadBlocks

Nearly ... Samsung F2EG 1.5TB ... but I will check their firmware, sure.

I have 2 Seagates in there (which I plan to replace or at least back up
with the new drives) where smartctl tells me:

==> WARNING: There are known problems with these drives

and points me at websites with firmware-isos .... I tried it twice to
exactly pull the correct iso for my drives ... changed the
controller-mode from AHCI to legacy (or something like that) and that
funny firmware-CD tells me that it doesn't match that hdd.

example (one of two disks):

Device Model:     ST31000333AS
Serial Number:    9TE0A3FP
Firmware Version: SD35

I really double-checked all that ... it was frustrating ...
I even thought of putting these disks out of my server, attaching them
to a WindowsXP-box and try to upgrade via the Windows-Tool Seagate offers!

So this time I will check that before putting data on them.

Stefan