[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Tue Dec 14 01:30:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 17:57, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:

> And I bet you hope she's not reading this mailing list, or the
> surprise will be completely blown :)  Sounds like a great goal.  I'm
> considering a Harmony sometime later myself.

I do indeed hope she's not.  It did occur to me, but it seemed a very low
likelihood. :)

The expressions of frustration at so many remotes to juggle around here have
been many and rather vocal.  It truly will be the gift that keeps on giving,
if that abates!

I considered telling her "okay pick one, any of them, and tell me what the
buttons should do", and then writing a silly irw scraper daemon to listen,
translate, and re-blast appropriately.  The Harmony 700 seemed more pleasing
as well as robust, as a solution.

I hope you enjoy, if you get one too!

Eric