[mythtv-users] upnp clients mythshutdown

Dave Brown davebrown099 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 13:39:11 UTC 2010

Hello all

Im unable to justify the cost of a full mythfrontend for the spareroom which
wont be in use much (unless I break more stuff) so im planning on using a
wdtv-live to play content of a combi myth FE/BE in the front room.  This
will probably be over upnp, samba, NFS or whatever is possible with
wdtv-live.

I currently have setup at home where a combi myth fe/be to wake up to record
a show and when finished it shuts down.  It also stays up if the other
frontend only in the bedroom is connected.

I believe with custom firmware the wdtv-live can send wake on lan packets to
wake up the mythbackend box which is great however, I was wondering what
people were using or could suggest to keep the myth backend machine powered
on until its no longer in use by the wdtv-live as currently any client
streaming from either samba or upnp wont keep the backend machine up.  (I
believe you need to be connected to the db)

Thanks for your help