[mythtv-users] When Installing a second Pinnacle tuner card, it's default configuration is analog, not the QAM Samsung my first card has.

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Dec 14 16:11:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Ron Harm <rharm49 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I decided to remove the working tuner card and reboot with just the analog
> card.  The card still did not create a /dev/dvb/adaptor0 directory which
> means the new card is bad.  Thanks for your help.

You should try it in a Windows machine before concluding the hardware
is bad.  It's possible that they changed the PCB and the new variants
of the board are not yet supported under Linux (requiring a driver
change to make them work).

If you post the output from dmesg, I can probably tell you if that's the case.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com