[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 17:11:02 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 14 December 2010, John Veness wrote:

> >> Haven't seen it myself, and my other half would certainly have
> >> mentioned it if she had seen it!
> >>
> >> I've set up the following for tonight:
> >> CBBC - Jinx
> >> BBC4 - Art of Germany
> >> Film4 - Mutual Appreciation
> >>
> >> Each is the last program before close.
> >>
> >> I've given them a -5, 0 and +5 end time offset, so we'll see
> >> tomorrow what happens. Each one is set to start at the correct time.
> >
> > All 3 recorded correctly, and were playable this morning.
>
> Thanks Mike. I suspect Jinx worked because you stopped recording 5
> minutes before the end. In my experience, stopping the recording early
> is a successful workaround, although of course it's a pain to tweak
> rules to do that, especially on programmes which are shown at different
> times of the day during the week (e.g. CSI:NY, which sometimes ends at
> 1am on Five USA when the channel goes off-air).
>
> For the other two shows, as I mentioned on
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/464686#464686, I
> think the problem only occurs when a DVB-T slot gets immediately reused
> for another channel, which I know happens when Five USA, CBBC and
> CBeebies goes off-air, but may not happen on BBC4 and Film4, so it may
> be that those two particular shows weren't good candidates to
> demonstrate the problem.

Film4 doesn't have a consistent finish time (does it actually go off-air?). I
just checked a recording from a few days ago & with the extra time added for
an overrun, it cut off during a series of interviews which were not listed in
the epg & running after the last scheduled show.

Haven't tried recently, but Quest always used to trigger this problem for me.

--
Ian