[mythtv-users] Storage groups, Mythvideo and Perl...where is my problem (and how to fix it) ?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:17:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Johan <johan.vanderkolk at dommel.be> wrote:
> I need some help solving a storage group issue. Videos are stored in a
> storage group on the backend.
> All metadata is downloaded and in the database, and the fanart etc files are
> also in the storage groups.
>
> On the local FE, I can play all files, and always have the metadata visible
> on screen (using Arclight)
> On the remote frontend, I can play all files, but can not see any metadata.
> When I download data using the "w"
> a new entry is created in the DB, and the data becomes visible on screen
> (posters, description, year etc)
>
> I leave the videos screen, come back in and no data is found, just the
> filename.
>
> In the backend log I don't see any trace of the "Findrecording" calls back,
> so I assume I have either a Storage group or a Perl problem.

How would perl be involved?  There's no perl code in MythVideo,
storage group code, current grabbers, or anywhere else.

Utilities/Setup->Setup->Media Settings->Video Settings->Metadata Settings

"Enable metadata in file browse mode"

Sounds a lot like you are in File Browse mode with that turned off.
(so disable the former, or enable the latter)

Robert