[mythtv-users] 0.24, tmdb.py and MythVideo ... again!

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Tue Dec 14 23:52:55 UTC 2010

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>> Mine are in /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/MythTV - I assume that the
>> Mythbuntu/JYA packages are set up to look there - but I seem to be
>> missing
>> some...?  I created a symlink (/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages) to the
>> parent directory, but no difference.  Anywhere I can find the full set
>> of
>> scripts I need?  I'm hoping this is just a b0rked path issue, that's
>> easily fixed, once found...?
>
> Have you tried the actual mythbuntu packages?  I believe that they
> diverge from JYA's packages when it comes to the metadata
> script/binding install, and have fixed numerous issues like this in
> the recent past.
>
> Robert

Robert, I haven't yet.   I have been happy with JYA's efforts and hope
that perhaps his next build can shed some light on what I may have going
wrong, if not correct the problem outright.

If not, I may have to take a look at the Mythbuntu builds, though from
what I've read in the archives, they've had issues in the past as well.

Jean-Yves, this was a straight upgrade from your previous 0.23-fixes
binaries.  Could you clue me in as to where the problem is?  Path issue?
Thanks.

Bob