[mythtv-users] svn revision to git?

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Dec 15 11:41:34 UTC 2010

> I noticed that mythtv has moved to git.
>
> I can't find answer from git howtos to this problem:
>
> - I'm using minimyth in my frontends, and I want to use exact same
> version of mythtv in my backend. Now, minimyth 0.24 version uses mythtv
> 0.24 fixes revision 27419.
> - How can I get this revision using git? I have done git clone, but
> after that, I can't find a way to switch to rev 27419.
> - How can I see what is current revision?

I am sure there is a better way of doing this, but:

Install something like gitk.

Find the time stamp of the svn revision you want to check out.

Navigate to this time stamp in gitk. Check the commit message to make
sure it's the same as the svn revision.

Copy the SHA1 ID from gitk and do git checkout sha1_id

Ian.