[mythtv-users] Fedora 12 to Fedora 14: lirc / mce remote issue

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 04:37:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

>> Seems to have the same problem for me.
>>
>> [root at mythfrontend2 ~]# uname -a
>> Linux mythfrontend2 2.6.35.10-67.fc14.i686.PAE #1 SMP Wed Dec 15
>> 22:45:07 UTC 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> Again the irw output from pressing a single Up after several Downs:
>>
>> [root at mythfrontend2 ~]# irw
>> 0001006c00000001 00 Down devinput
>> 0001006700000001 00 Up devinput
>
> And that is what you are looking for, unless I Missed something.

Nope.  When I press Up I don't want it to register Down/Up.  Just Up.  :)

It is still doing something strange.  One key press usually (or always?)
generates two presses one of which is held until the next key is pressed
at which time they both come out.

In the output above I had hit a bunch of down keys.  Waited a few seconds
then ran irw and hit a single Up.  At that point the buffered Down is emitted
along with an Up.