[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

Ian Armstrong mail01 at iarmst.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 11:41:49 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, John Veness wrote:

> Sorry to bang on about this, but before I raise a bug I would like to
> see a little more confirmation that it's not just me, or indeed, if
> anyone *can* playback such a recording, then it would be interesting to
> compare the differences between setups.

I've done some more hunting & think I may have found something. When the
channel goes off-air the program map table changes. This is embedded in the
recording & mythtv seems to use this off-air table instead of the earlier on-
air one. As a result, although mythtv sees the video & audio streams that
we're interested in, it discards them in preference of whatever streams
remain. In my case it discards the MPEG2VIDEO, MP3 and DVB_SUBTITLE streams &
proceeds to playback the single DSMCC_B stream that replaces them.

--
Ian