[mythtv-users] Problem playing last program before a channel stops broadcasting for the day (UK DVB-T)

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 11:56:03 UTC 2010

> I've done some more hunting & think I may have found something. When the
> channel goes off-air the program map table changes. This is embedded in the
> recording & mythtv seems to use this off-air table instead of the earlier on-
> air one. As a result, although mythtv sees the video & audio streams that
> we're interested in, it discards them in preference of whatever streams
> remain. In my case it discards the MPEG2VIDEO, MP3 and DVB_SUBTITLE streams &
> proceeds to playback the single DSMCC_B stream that replaces them.

Unless things have been fixed you also get a similar problem if you
start recording a programme before the channel starts broadcasting.

e.g. if the recording rule starts a few minutes early (in case the
programme starts early) it will attempt to record but nothing is even
when the channel starts broadcasting.

I suspect if the program map table changes when the channel goes
off-air the program map table also changes when the channel starts to
broadcast.

This is a particular problem for UK Freeview as quite a few channels
are not on 24hours a day and if Myth schedules a recording and it
happens to be the first programme of the day on a channel it fails.

Apologies if this has been fixed in 0.24.