[mythtv-users] ease of [clear qam] channel scanning

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Dec 16 16:19:14 UTC 2010

Why can't MythTV's channel scanning be as simple as my TVs?  With my TV,
I just tell it to channel scan and then go have a coffee and come back
later to find all of the available channels.

With Mythtv I have to know the difference between modulations.  How do I
know any of that?  I don't, so instead I just go through them all hoping
to find something.

And once something is found I get told "Found ... new non-conflicting
SCTE channels" with options to Insert all, Insert manually, Ignore all.
Why do I need to know what an SCTE channel is and have to decide what to
do with it?  Ditto for "Found 4 new non-conflicting MPEG channels".

Can't this all be made as easy as my TV?

b.