[mythtv-users] Removing a disc, physically, from the storage group

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:39:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:31 AM,  <mons37318 at mypacks.net> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Brother is coming over to work on The Machine From Hell (tm)
> (it worked fairly great for 3 years but we could never make mytharchive work, so we upgraded it (version of suse/kde/myth and it's been cranky since. and mytharchive still doesn't work)
>
> Right now, the 4th drive in the storage group is unmounted. The DVR has resumed actually recording things and it no longer crashes if you try to play and record at the same time. (sometimes it says it's recording and doesn't, but oh well)

The mount point for that drive is probably filling up though.  MythTV
has no knowledge of drives, just SG directories.  So, if you mounted
drive4 at /Media/Drive4, I would venture to say you are just filling
up the drive that the mountpoint exists on.

> Now we need to physically remove the unmounted drive 4, in order to attempt xfs_repair (in another room)
>
> will mythtv freak out if the drie, which is currently not mounted is physically removed (and we try to run it)?

Nope - if it is already unmounted, then myth already does not see it.