[mythtv-users] HD PVR and IR transmitter for channel change (why)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Dec 16 20:54:11 UTC 2010

On Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:21:03 am Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2010, at 1:05 PM, David McMillan wrote:
> > I've had a lot of headache over getting the IR from the HD-PVR with
> > a newer firmware(15) and 2.6.23 Linux kernel to work correctly. I
> > have been unable to get lirc-zilog to modules to load up the
> > firmware.  lirc-dev finds something on the 250 node, but
> > lirc-zilog only prints out info that the driver initialization is
> > complete.  I initially tried the kernel in Fedora 14 but the hdpvr
> > modules did not support my hdpvr because of a newer productid
> > (4903).
>
> The latest Fedora 14 kernel in the build system should support it.

Dos anyone know why they changed the product ID? Is there any difference
other than the ID?

I have an older (Rev C1) unit that works fine, does this mean I would
need to have two different setups if I buy a second one?

I do get the "untested firmware" warning in the logs, but things seem to
work OK, though I only use analog audio.