[mythtv-users] strange resolution issue over VGA

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 21:23:20 UTC 2010

I have a Panasonic TC-L32C22 720p LCD that I'm considering connecting
to my frontend via VGA. It's a 1366x768 panel. Xorg seems to
autodetect it just fine, and the desktop looks normal. xrandr reports
that I'm running at 1360x768. However, the Myth GUI and playback are
stretched. It looks as if Myth displays a 4:3 resolution and the TV
stretches it to 16:9, even though the output of mythfrontend says it's
using 1360x768.

Here's the really strange part: I exited Myth, used xrandr to change
to a lower resolution, immediately used xrandr again to change back to
1360x768, and then restarted Myth. This time the Myth GUI and playback
looked fine! I'm not sure how best to troubleshoot this issue. Any
suggestions?