[mythtv-users] VDPAU problem on HD-PVR content after update to b0.24-593-g40c1c32 master branch

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Dec 19 13:52:58 UTC 2010


> >  I just updated to the latest version on mythtv via git and am seeing some
> >  issues with VDPAU playback with any of my HD-PVR content.  Things worked
> >  fine until the upgrade so I am hoping that someone can assist me with
> >  finding the problem.  Any content recorded on my HD Homerun is working fine.
> >
> >  Here is the output from the frontend log.
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.015 OSD: Base theme size: 1280x720
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.015 OSD: Scaling factors: 1.3125x1.45833
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.017 Player(1): Video timing method: USleep with busy
> >  wait
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.019 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.101 ScreenSaverX11Private: DPMS Deactivated 1
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:34.144 VDPAU: Added 2 output surfaces (total 4, max 4)
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.560 Marking recording as unwatched
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.752 TV: Attempting to change from WatchingPreRecorded to
> >  None
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.851 VDPAU Warning: Display pre-empted.
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.851 VDPAU Error: Error at mythrender_vdpau.cpp:873 (#2,
> >  The display was pre-empted, or a fatal error occurred.)
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.851 VDPAU: Attempting to re-create VDPAU resources.
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.893 VDPAU: Re-created output surfaces.
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.904 VDPAU: Re-created decoders.
> >  2010-12-18 21:04:41.904 VDPAU Error: Error at mythrender_vdpau.cpp:873 (#3,
> >  An invalid handle value was provided.)
Re-install nvidia drivers maybe?
if you're on 260, downgrade to 256..

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the response.  I have three front ends.  Two running fedora 12 which look like they are running 195 and then a fedora 14 front end that is running 260.  All three were working fine with VDPAU on all file types until the upgrade.  I currently get my nvidia rmps from rpmfusion so I will see if I can figure out how to downgrade the nvidia version but I do not think that will help since I did not change the nvidia drivers before or during the upgrade.  I am really wondering if this is something I did in the compile process since this if the first time I did a compile from the git repository. I was not able to find very much information on the differences but did notice that the myththemes directory was missing but I assumed that was because of the downloadable themes now.



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list