[mythtv-users] Random lockups on Mythbackend

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 00:25:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 1:40 PM, dwoody1 <dwoody1 at charter.net> wrote:
> After the memtest I rebooted the computer and setup some shows to record
> (also set to run mythcommflag) while we watched some that had been recorded.
> I also started top from a remote login. After a short time the computer
> locked up. The lockup consist of a frozen video and about 1/4 second of
> audio played over and over again until I rebooted.

I have this problem occasionally on two of my three Zotac IONITX-C
frontends.  They are identically configured as dedicated netbooting
frontends with 2GB RAM, an IR receiver, and nothing else.  The lockup
during playback is as you describe, a short burst of audio rapidly
repeating and the system otherwise completely unresponsive.  More
often, this lockup occurs while editing a cutlist (where there is no
audio to repeat), and rarely it happens on a menu screen.  I don't
believe heat is an issue, but I haven't tried monitoring it.  I always
suspected it was an nvidia driver problem, but I guess that's unlikely
if it's happening with your ATI graphics.

Jim