[mythtv-users] mythfrontend invoked oom-killer during BBC1 HD playback

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 21:23:58 UTC 2010

On 20 December 2010 19:52, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> My frontend is regularly dying while playing BBC1 HD
> recordings. The crashes are caused by mythfrontend
> running the machine out of memory. It's an ION board
> with 2GB of memory running minimyth via read-only
> nfs. Attached is part of the main log file, which includes
> the frontend log.
>
> I'm wondering if this happens to anyone else, and
> whether it's minimyth specific. This has never
> happened other than when watching BBC HD channels,
> although they play back perfectly other than
> intermittently crashing.

I have the same issue, it only applies to HD channels, and I watch
alot of BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD, although it tends not crash and use up
all ram and then start swapping out to disk.

I restart the frontend every day to get round it, I know it's not
right, but seems alot of work to do debug traces!

Regards,