[mythtv-users] mythfrontend invoked oom-killer during BBC1 HD playback

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Dec 21 00:03:02 UTC 2010

On 20/12/2010 21:23, Simon Jones wrote:
> I have the same issue, it only applies to HD channels, and I watch
> alot of BBC1 HD and ITV1 HD, although it tends not crash and use up
> all ram and then start swapping out to disk.

Would make sense that you'd see swapping when I get a crash, because
my frontend has nowhere to swap to, being based on a read-only nfs
share and tmpfs.

Are you sure that you see the problem with ITV1 HD, and not just
the BBC channels?

Do you also see a lot of h264 errors in your logs, and find that
bookmarks and forward/backward jumps go to the wrong place?

Paul.