[mythtv-users] eac3/truehd/dts-HD audio streaming now working

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 05:46:17 UTC 2010

Hi

Thanks for the kind words.. There are more people at play though.

On 21 December 2010 06:05, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Questsion on your latest work, is it true that the ability to pass on
> these higher definition audio standards requires specific HDMI
> hardware and that the GT2xx series of NVidia chipsets won't support
> them?

It depends
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:HDAudioPassthrough

the GT2xx doesn't officially supports HBR ; but it seems to work,
albeit buggy ; that's why it's YMMV.

For some it seems to work for both TrueHD and DTS-HD ; on my machine,
would only with for TrueHD ; the amplifier would show DTS-HD but no
audio would come out.
For someone else, the amplifier lights keep blinking, but audio works.

You do not need HBR support however for E-AC3 and DTS-HD <
6.144Mbit/s... so those will work fine with the GT220

In fact, DTS-HD MA if less than 6.144Mbit/s doesn't require HBR
either, so it should work on all GT220.

Jean-Yves